NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) Engineer
Up to £32 p/h (umbrella/ Ltd)
Our client, a global manufacturer of engines for the agricultural, materials handling, general industrial, construction and power generation sectors based in Peterborough, has just made available a 12 Month contract opportunity for a NVH Engineer to join their team.
The role may involve some travel to other client facilities of customer sites.
Key Responsibilities of the NVH Engineer
- The successful candidate will work on engine related Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) projects, typically ranging from short duration individual tests to projects up to three months.
- Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures is critical.
- Basic engineering fundamentals of engines and machines, knowledge of instrumentation for data acquisition, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills. You will be performing test work in the lab, engine test cell or on the final machine installation.
- Problem investigation and resolution; evaluate new products/designs, processes, or systems; communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units; collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience required for the NVH Engineer role
- Requires a bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering discipline plus 3-5 years experience or a master's degree in Engineering.
- It would be preferable for the individual to be experienced in the full breadth of NVH competencies. However, a suitable person may be considered with the following essential skills; knowledge and experience of vibration theory, equipment calibration, data capture, verification of data integrity, analysis of data in both time and frequency domain.
- Also requires excellent analytical skills and lateral thinking. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.