Position: Nursing Unit Manager - Sittingbourne
Location: Borden, Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: £34,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependant on experience) (40 hours per week)
My Client is looking for a professional, dynamic, and motivated Nurse to join the team at Nellsar Ltd to lead and develop the Nursing and Care Team. The residential care come is the newest purpose built 75 bedded home set in the Kentish countryside at Borden, Sittingbourne, Kent.
They are committed to developing and training their staff in order to ensure high quality care is provided to their residents and the successful candidate will receive on-going training and development with opportunities for progression within the Company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will provide leadership and guidance to the care and nursing team
- Leading shifts
- Supervising and undertaking the planning and delivery of clinical and personal care
- You will be responsible for leading and managing the unit on a day to day basis
- Further developing person centred Dementia practice to ensure that your Residents receive appropriate and timely care
- You will be responsible for welcoming and admitting new residents
- Care planning and medication
Once you have settled into your role there will be additional development opportunities linked to your personal interests, such as Tissue Viability Link Nurse, Key person for Medication ordering, Key Lead for Infection Control, End of life Care, GSF and more
To be considered for this role, you will need the following;
- A compassionate and caring attitude
- Knowledge of the current care practices laid down by the CQC.
- Good Communication Skills: both Written and verbal
- Ability to foster and develop communication with external agencies
- Ability to manage your workload and maintain standards
- To be a Qualified Registered General Nurse with valid NMC PIN
- Up- to -date clinical skills and promotion of evidence-based practice
- Proven ability to nurture, manage, coach and develop staff
- Knowledge and experience in dementia and palliative care
- Monitoring and maintaining clinical skills
- Auditing Skills
In return my client supports and develops their staff with a supportive training package tailored to your individual needs, to support you to develop to your next level of potential.
Other benefits include:
- Generous Referral Scheme
- Excellent training and development
- Career progression and support with re-validation
- Outstanding employee contribution/achievement scheme
- DBS paid for*
- Paid Uniform
- Workplace pension Scheme.
- Quick and simple application process.
- Good Management development programmes
- Applicants who require Tier 2 Sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered.
- Staff transport available (please ask for more details)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job