Roles - Nurses/Paramedics Custody Healthcare Practitioners
Location - Norfolk
Working pattern - Permanent
Salary Up to £34,000
Suitable for Nurses or Paramedics
Team24 are working with our sister company who employee Custody Healthcare Practitioners to work in Police Custody Suites in the Norfolk area. You will be a Registered Nurse or Qualified Paramedic with around four years post qualification experience.
As a Custody Practitioner you will use your clinical experience to assess detainees. Your remit covers fitness for detention, interview, release or transfer.
You will provide healthcare inventions and refer more serious cases in the course of your shift. It's an exciting role where your duties change constantly, and your clinical abilities will be put to the test!
Your duties will include
- Undertake forensic examination of persons in police care
- Provide written statements as required
- Make and maintain complete and accurate clinical records
- Assess alcohol and drug intoxication and withdrawal
- Undertake mental health and learning disability assessments where appropriate.
- Give oral testimony as required in any Court or Tribunal
The primary experience we look for is acute unit, A&E or independent and autonomous practice.
Individuals work independently in a police station alongside the police officers screening individuals for any health issues and ensuring that they are fit for interview. There are some forensic interventions such as taking bloods for evidence etc, but full training is given and a comprehensive induction course.
There are comprehensive levels of support available throughout the shift from an experienced management team and clinical lead as well as a call centre that supports through the allocation and prioritisation of workload.
The key skills required are
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be confident and capable of autonomous practice
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Registered Level One nurse/qualified paramedic
- Experience in either Accident and Emergency, or other assessment areas of Healthcare
- Experience in a custodial environment highly desirable
- Excellent clinical examination skills
- Experience of venepuncture
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Must have current driving license
The hours are a rotating shift pattern of 4 on and 4 off and the salary are up to £34k per annum.
Team 24 are proud to offer you a dedicated consultant that will be working with you on your application process. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and access to a leading training programme that will maximise your career progression both in clinical and management areas. If you believe this is the next step in your career
- Click to apply
- Contact Chris at Team24
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Everyone is assessed on merit alone.
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Affinity Workforce.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'