To assist and support the Nursery Manager in the day-to-day management and running of the Nursery. To lead the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. To ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences. To meet the requirements of regulatory bodies with relation to EYFS, safeguarding, SEND, Health and Safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Act as Room Leader and to implement the EYFS curriculum.
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate children’s records.
- Assume deputy responsibilities in the absence of the deputy manager if required to do so.
- Support, mentor and supervise room staff in their day-to-day duties and monitor their paperwork including planning and learning journeys on a regular basis.
- Effectively implement the key person procedures within your room and be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with your key children and their families.
- Assist the manager and deputy to ensure correct deployment of staff across all age groups.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Work with other room leaders also implementing the EYFS to ensure a consistent approach across the nursery.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Have a sound understanding of British Values.
- Work with other agencies including area SENCOs, EYFS advisors and health professionals as appropriate.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents and carers.
- Remain up-to-date with current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Meet the companies minimum standards, philosophy, belief and ethos.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery and take full responsibility for opening/closing the nursery in manager/deputy absence.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
A minimum of 1 year post qualification experience working with children from birth to five years.
Experience of leading and supporting staff teams to improve practice.
Education and Training
A Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3
A higher level qualification in Early Years Childcare and Education/Childhood Studies.
A sound knowledge of childcare development from birth to five years.
An understanding of the inspection process of regulatory bodies.
A sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
A knowledge and understanding of research related to childcare and education.
An understanding of a play based approach to children’s learning and development.
An understanding of the role of the "Key Person".
A sound knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
Skills and Ability
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Ability to develop effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
Ability to lead a team.
An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
A willingness to undertake further training including some evenings and weekends.
- Nursery Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'