Job title: Room Leader - South East London
Accountable to: Nursery Manager
Hours of duty: 38 hours per week
- To deliver a range of play opportunities in a safe and caring environment in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Act and the EYFS, monitoring the other team members also.
- To take the lead role with the planning and resourcing of activities and play opportunities that develop a child and meet their individual needs.
- To ensure that all equipment and toys are appropriate for their purpose, well maintained and meet safety standards.
- To promote the safety and good health of children, self and others by ensuring risk assessments are carried out regularly and actions are taken to reduce accidents and the spread of infection, if a child is ill.
- To provide regular drinks and foods, in accordance with the children’s individual needs. Anyone who handles food must have the Food Hygiene certificate. (Lunch and Tea are cooked and prepared by our on site chef.)
- To ensure that appropriate information relating to children is shared with their parents/carers. To work in partnership with parents or carers; and support and motivate the rest of the team to do the same.
- To comply with the safeguarding procedures and support other team members to comply.
- To communicate effectively with team/parents or carers/children and outside agencies when necessary.
- To take the lead when planning on a long, medium and short term basis, and assessing and monitoring the children’s progress; supporting the rest of the team to do the same.
- To work as a key Person to a group of children, in line with our Policy and procedure. And support the less experienced and knowledgeable members of team; training them.
- To liaise with your line manager as directed and to lead the team in the day-to-day running of the room, supporting all children and all team to reach their full potential.