LOCATION: Harpenden, Hertfordshire
Job Title: Room Leader
Reporting to: Nursery Manager
Reporting in: Base Room Staff
Our client is passionate and enthusiastic about providing the highest quality childcare and education. They believe in providing every child with plentiful learning opportunities and work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure every child is happy.
Manage the base room, ensuring that all daily routines are adhered to and that all base room children developmental records are completed. Is responsible for the running of the designated base room and is accountable for the team’s performance.
1. Provides a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children.
2. Implements all relevant themes, topics and projects within relevant timescales, ensuring they meet Early Years Foundation Stage and OFSTED requirements, and oversees any required assessments.
3. Ensures that individual records of all children’s educational developmental progress are kept, based on the day-to-day observations.
4. Tracks groups of children in the allocated rooms, keeps the Nursery Manager up to date on children who are under and over achieving and assists the Nursery Manager in an annual Nursery Cohort Tracker in January. Ensures that all staff who fail the review attend a mandatory work shop on a Saturday for 3 hours to ensure all children’s journals and assessments are up to date and of the expected standard.
5. Demonstrates a sound knowledge of child development and uses this knowledge to support junior staff in every day practice, planning and interventions.
6. Monitors all practices in ensuring the safeguarding of all children. Deals with and reports any suggestions of abuse or neglect, in conjunction with the Nursery Manager.
7. Identifies children with additional educational needs and provides the required documentation and the necessary support to parents
8. Assumes responsibility for the safe administration of medication to children when required
1. Ensures that each team member is given the required support, development and coaching to maintain competence.
2. Ensures that operational procedures and policies are fully understood and consistently followed.
3. Oversees and monitors NVQ students and assessments
1. Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery.
2. Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and other activities.
3. Assists the Nursery Manager with initiatives the directly impacts the base room or the Nursery
4. Assumes responsibility for opening and closing the nursery as required.
1. Performs any ad hoc duties as required.
2. Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
3. Attends training courses to further personal development
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
Essential to Role:
- Minimum NVQ Level III or equivalent.
- GSCE Level Maths A-C equivalent.
- Relevant childcare qualifications in accordance with OFSTED guidelines.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of childcare legislation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Empathetic, caring and friendly.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude.
Desirable to Role:
- Experience of responsibility for a large base room.
- Proven supervisory and coaching experience.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
- First Aid
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job