Responsible to: The Nursery Co-ordinator
Main Purpose of Job
To provide high quality, inclusive care and education for the children in the Nursery in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To care for and educate the children in your care
- To provide for the individual physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the children
- To provide and maintain a clean, safe and stimulating environment.
- To provide a range of suitable activities and experiences to meet the developmental needs of the children
- To work in partnership with the parents/carers of the children in your care.
- To work as a member of a team of staff and students/trainees
- To supervise, train and support students/trainees throughout their training.
- To maintain written records as required
- To attend relevant training as required
- To attend relevant meetings as required
- To work as a key person and to be responsible for a group of key children
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To work within the Policies and Procedures.
- To work within the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- To work in a manner consistent with the Inclusion and Diversity Policy and Procedures.
- To work in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and Procedures.
- To undertake any other duties which may be required by the Nursery
- Co-ordinator and Nursery Manager
- A recognised level 3 childcare qualification, such as the NNEB, DCE, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- A commitment to working with children and their families
- A commitment to provide a high standard of care and education for
- A genuine liking for children
- An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding children
- The ability to interact well with children
- The ability to interact well with adults
- The ability to provide warm and consistent care for the children
- An understanding of child development
- An understanding of the range and types of activities/experiences children need to help them progress and develop
- An understanding of the relevant curriculum framework
- An understanding of the importance of working closely with parents
- An understanding of Health and Safety issues and how to keep children safe
- An understanding of and commitment to inclusion and diversity
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- The ability to use initiative
- The ability to work as a member of a team
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility and reliability
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Experience of working in a day care environment.
- Experience of training students/trainees
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job