Due to the increasing numbers in our busy nursery, we are looking for additional Qualified & Experienced Level 3 Nursery Nurses with an immediate start to work in the central York Area.Hours will be a minimum of 16+ hours but more will be available to cover holidays, sickness etc. Applicants must be able to work between the opening hours of the setting which are 8 am until 6 pm
We are looking for staff with a Level 3 or equivalent in Childcare, and with extensive knowledge of EYFS to work with children from 3mths - 5 years.You will be required to interact with children and colleagues and parents, to provide stimulating activities, carry out a range of observations, record keeping, and planning day to day activities. You will also supervise meal times and encourage personal hygiene. You will have the responsibility of working with a group of children within the key person role, assessing and planning for their individual development.
Candidates should be diligent, caring, attentive and flexible. A full enhanced DBS and references will be required.
- Must be NNEB / Btec / NVQ level 3 qualified, Not health and socialcare.
- To hold or be willing to obtain an appropriate First Aid certificate.
- To plan, organise, supervise and carry out a suitable activity and educational programme for children.
- To maintain a safe and secure and hygienic environment for children.
- To maintain children’s developmental records within a key worker system.
- To attend staff meetings, assist with fund raising and any other duties the manager deems necessary.
- To keep abreast of current issues and attend training as necessary.
- To liaise with other professional bodies.
- To supervise children at mealtimes.
- To work within a team and maintain good communication.
- To supervise students and ensure they conform to Nursery policies and procedures.
- To follow Nursery policies and procedures and comply with Ofsted Regulations.
- To adhere to the Nursery uniform policy ensuring that a professional image is maintained at all times.
- To maintain the Nursery environment, carrying out delegated tasks as may be deemed necessary for the efficient running of the Nursery and ensuring a safe, secure and hygienic environment at all times.
- To ensure good time keeping, smart appearance, good personal hygiene and good work practises.
- To maintain good relationships with parents / carers on all matters relating to the Nursery.
- To liaise with parents regarding the settling in of new children and any development issues.
- To ensure the Nursery building is secure at all times.
- To work within the hours the Nursery operates as deemed necessary to ensure adequate staff to children ratios are maintained.
- To respect confidentiality regarding the Nursery at all times.
- To work positively within the team structure and be included in staff duty rotas.
- To take responsibility for any occasion or incident which may occur within the Nursery if a Senior member of staff is not present.