A well-established Nursery, outstanding in all areas based in Twickenham are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Nursery Nurse to join their experienced team. The Nursery is open Monday to Friday 07:30 - 18:15 throughout the year excluding bank holidays they caters for up to 64 children a day age from 3 months to 5 years.
The Nursery has three rooms, a Baby room for 3 months to 2 years, a Toddler room for 2-3 year olds and a Pre-school room for 3-5 year olds In each room children’s individual needs are met through the EYFS and rooms are fully resourced with age appropriate equipment. There is a spacious outdoor area that provides a stimulating environment for children to learn and play which includes a dedicated baby play area for the younger children. The Nursery also has Forest School resources and are very keen for children to spend a lot of time outdoors exploring the environment.
The position will be within the Toddler room you will be responsible for a group of key children and need to build positive relationships with them, carry out observations planning and assessments to enable the children to meet their highest potential. The nursery puts the children at the centre of everything and strives to provide the highest quality care and a fun filled learning environment.
Exciting benefits include;
- £16,500 - £17,500 per annum.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme.
- Excellent transport links
- A full induction session covering all nursery policies and procedures
- Opportunities for career development
- Ongoing in house training
- Support from Management team through feedback, Supervisions and annual appraisal
Your role will include;
- Providing high quality care for the under 5’s
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Carrying out observations and assessments
- Being a Key worker for a group of children
- Building positive relationships with parents and carers
- Taking part in open days and parent meetings
- Attending training courses and keeping up to date with legislation
- Supporting children within the nursery with additional needs working within their IEP
- Supporting children in preparation for school
- Working alongside other professionals from outside agencies
- Supporting children with their personal care routines throughout the day
- Supporting children with Potty training and nappy changes
- Supporting children during meal times
- Attend home visits for new children before they settle
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Following policies and procedures
- Working as part of a team
- Plan, prepare and implement stimulating activities that include arts, crafts and messy play.
- Support children in their play and learning through fine and gross motor skills
- Help children to develop their skills with their communication and building on their speech
- Planning and implementing educational activities which includes learning the alphabet colours, shapes and numbers
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment
All Candidate must have:
- A Minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Child Care & Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within an Early Years setting.
- Excellent Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and Safeguarding.
- A passion for working with the under-fives.
- Excellent Verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- A good understanding of all nursery duties.
- The ability to work in partnership with parents
- Be able to work well within a team
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
- Child Development
- Early Years