Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of young people?
We are looking for a nursery nurse to fill a permanent position in Penarth. The role would be 37 hours per week however part time positions are available.
Pay rate for this position starts at £7.50 per hour however is negotiable dependant on experience. This role is to start as soon as possible.
In this role you will be required to care for children up to seven years old. You will be responsible for assisting in many aspects of their daily lives, through social, emotional, educational and practical interaction, nurturing and guidance.
You will need to help to oversee, maintain and organise a clean, tidy, child-friendly environment. You will be required to supervise activities, such as messy play, crafts, cooking, reading and outdoor/physical pursuits.
Because parents may feel like they're missing out on their young child's development, you will also need to plan, observe and keep records that inform parents and carers about their child's day.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Feeding suitable meals, snacks and drink
- Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training
- Teaching general life skills, such as basic hygiene and manners
- Working with any health and social care professionals, where necessary, and undertaking any relevant admin/paperwork
In order to apply for this position you will need:
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent in nursery nursing or child development
- Portable DBS or prepared to undertake a DBS with Randstad Care
- Provide 3 years of reference details
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.