This purpose built nursery located in Isleworth is looking for an experienced and outgoing Nursery Nurse to join their highly motivated team. The nursery is operational 52 weeks of the year, closed for bank holidays only. They are open Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00 and cater for up to 80 children a day aged from 3 months to 5 years. The nursery operates from two buildings on the same premises. The main building has four rooms children are aged between 3 months to 2 years old and the rooms are separated by age range it has a capacity of 56 children. The second building is for children aged 2 to 5 years old and has a capacity for 24 children. The setting also effectively supports children with a range of Special Education Needs and Disabilities.
They also have a large secure outdoor area for children to access on a daily basis it has a separate sensory room which is very popular with the children. A special addition to the Nursery is a weekly forest school session, which is run by a qualified forest school leader.
The position will be working in the Pre-School room you will be responsible for a group of key children, carrying out observations, planning and assessments through the EYFS supporting children in meeting their highest potential. Your duties will include building relationships with children and parents and working as part of a team in supporting children throughout their development.
Exciting benefits include:
- £18,000 - £20,000 per annum depending on experience
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- Excellent Transport links nearby
- Dedicated support from management team
- Additional Training as and when required
Your role will include:
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Supporting children with their readiness for school
- Providing exciting stimulating activities for all the children
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Attending parent and staff meetings
- Supporting children with additional needs working within their IEP’s and EHCP.
- Key worker to a group of children
- Supporting children with personal care routines throughout the day, potty training and meal times.
- Attend Training courses to keep up to date with latest legislation
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and statutory requirements
- Great communication skills
- The ability to work within a large team
- A passion for working with the under-fives
- Experience within a pre-school room desired
- A strong understanding of child development
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Risk Management