Full-time, Contract, Permanent
An Experienced Nursery Manager urgently needed for a full-time position in East London, to join our small team.
The Nursery Manager is responsible to the Proprietor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Nursery.
- To take part in recruitment and to support a team of staff to meet statutory ratios and include contingency staffing where appropriate.
- To provide a child-centered environment where children are cared for in a safe, caring and stimulating way that ensures their individual needs are met within a group setting.
- To ensure the national standards for the registration of childcare are maintained at all times.
- To implement the Nursery’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all aspects of the Nursery and other childcare services.
- To take responsibility for quality assurance and compliance with all applicable legislation, including Health and Safety within the Nursery environment.
- To work in partnership with the Early Years Department, local childcare/educational providers, health providers, Sure Start and other providers.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies providing services within the area.
- To develop and review applicable policies and procedures and then to ensure that the Nursery operates within the framework set.
- To establish and deliver an effective curriculum which includes assessment, planning and evaluation.
- To ensure the implementation of the EYFS curriculum for all children 0-5 years.
- To develop and maintain procedures for regular review and assessment of each child’s progress in partnership with parents.
- To implement and manage an effective parent liaison programme, ensuring regular communication and interaction with parents.
- To receive and deal with complaints positively in accordance with procedures.
- To work as a senior member of the management team and to promote all activities being provided by the Nursery.
- To be responsible for marketing the Nursery through the development and implementation of marketing strategy which includes the promotion of Children’s Tax credits and other benefits available to parents.
- To attend regular supervision, team meetings, and training as required by the Nursery Manager and Operations Director.
- To participate in the appraisal process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,960.00 - £27,040.00
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £24,960.00 to £27,040.00 /year
- Managerial: 2 years
Required licences or certifications:
- Pediatric First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Hygiene
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- Nursery Management