Nursery Manager required in South East London
KiddyKare are working with the management team of a reputable nursery company, to recruit a professional, dynamic Nursery Manager (NVQ or 3 or equivalent) who will lead and inspire the staff team, as well as to oversee the day to day running of their nursery in South East London.
Open 7.30am - 6.30pm, the successful Nursery Manager will work full time, 40 hours per week on a shift basis. This is a warm and welcoming nursery, with a real homely feel. Taking children from 3 months to 5 years, they have approximately 50 children per session. It is a purpose-built nursery with excellent indoor and outdoor facilities. They have great access to transport links, as well as onsite parking.
Nursery Manager requirements:
The successful candidate will be a Nursery Manager with previous experience, strong leadership skills and a person who can inspire and motivate everyone from employees to parents and children.
In addition to having experience of marketing, people management and financial responsibility, the Nursery Manager will be a charismatic Early Years practitioner with a sound knowledge of all aspects of child development.
They will have at least an Early Years Level 3 qualification and will be well versed legal and statutory requirements, policies and procedures and Ofsted procedures. They will also have a solid knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection and of Health and Safety
In addition to a full and relevant Level 3 qualification and DBS check, the ideal Nursery Manager will also preferably have a higher childcare qualification and/or a management or leadership qualification. However, this is not essential.
Nursery Manager role:
- Delivering high standards of care and education,
- Effectively leading and managing of the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff.
- Keeping yourself and your team up to date on current early childhood thinking/trends, responding to any developments in a proactive way.
- Effectively managing the nursery budget and occupancy levels.
- Developing strong parent partnerships and providing added value services to parents.
- Marketing the nursery and engaging with local networking groups to build occupancy.
- Managing all day-to-day operations of the nursery.
- Having lots of fun
In return, the Nursery Manager will receive:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependents, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Support from the senior team
- Childcare discount
A little about us at KiddyKare
KiddyKare specialise in Nursery Recruitment. We understand first-hand, the demands and challenges working in and alongside the childcare industry. Standing out from the rest all our KiddyKare Consultants are Childcare Qualified and have been in your shoes as Practitioners and Managers of nurseries. We are a well-respected and reputable Nursery Recruitment Agency who stand out from the rest as we have a proactive, professional and friendly approach.
If you are interested in this Nursery Manger position, please apply now.
- Budget Management
- Management Skills