An exciting opportunity has arisen at Butterfly Day Nursery for an inspirational Nursery Manager to manage our 52 place setting.
We are looking for an inspirational manager with a minimum of 3 years continues management experience with an additional 5 years experience in childcare. You must have a Degree or a Foundation Degree in the Early Year Education.
About the role:
An integral part of the Nursery Manager’s role is to share ideas, challenges and encourage best practice within our setting. This should include leading, supporting and working alongside the staff team in the day to day running of the setting.
You will ensure Ofsted standards are adhered to at all times and have experience of Ofsted inspections. The nursery is dedicated to providing a high standard of childcare and education. You must ensure that the curriculum and experiences for children are of exceptionally high quality. You will regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum provided and improve practice from your evaluation. This highly rewarding role within our well-resourced and high quality nursery setting provides the ideal opportunity for an Early Years Professional to make a real difference.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be able to work on your own initiative
- Ensure the highest quality care is provided to our children
- To be able to motivate staff and children
- Have good understanding of occupancy and marketing of a setting
- Have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Plan and attend staff meetings, training courses and parents evenings
- To provide effective leadership and support for the staff team
- Work with external agencies to support children’s learning & development
- Have excellent knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and Welfare Standards.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with parents and build strong links and relationships with them.
- Have achieved good or outstanding Ofsted judgements
- To remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policies and practices and have an excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, diversity and ethical conduct
- This is a full-time position 45hrs per week between the hours of 8-6pm Monday to Friday.
Salary is in the range of £30,000 - £32,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
This role will require you to undertake a DBS which will be paid for by the Setting.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting position please contact the nursery for a job application pack and send a covering letter by e-mail.
We look forward to hearing from you
- Management Experience