**Senior Manager - Putney, London**
**Salary up to £34,500 p/a**
Tigerlily Recruitment are assisting this large, Good rated setting in Putney to recruit a Senior Manager for the baby floor of the nursery. You will in sole charge and responsible for 15 members of staff and supernumerary of the whole nursery on the days that the main school manager is away.
You must constantly provide a high standard of care for each child, maintaining the standards set by the nursery and adhering to the nursery policies. Supporting all levels of managers, the Deputy Principal and the Principal and assisting with the overseeing the staff. As a Senior Manager you must have excellent communication, portray professionalism at all times and be self motivated in your role.
Responsible to: Deputy Principal and Principal
Senior Managers tasks:
- To liaise and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrate good communication skills with all staff within the nursery
- Being an active member of the team as well as being a manager
- To update and maintain the nursery shifts, rota and staffing ratios correctly and efficiently
- Monitor staff lateness, sick, and take action appropriately
- To assist with the settling in of new staff
- To exercise discretion with staff on various issues
- To monitor, organise and motivate staff
- Problem solve situations with staff or parents
- Monitor all paperwork signed off by parents
- To show an excellent understanding on how the induction and training process operates
- Liaise with parents on inductions, building a good rapport on behalf of the nursery, and maintain regular communication with them
- To be able to reassure parents where there are concerns or deal with difficult parents and solve any problems before getting the Principal involved
- Make time to see parents to give advice and information
- Be aware of any family situations and notify Junior Managers as appropriate
- Show parents around the nursery in the absence of the Deputy Principal or Principal
- To be able to identify training and development with all staff you supervise
- To be able to identify your own training and development needs
- To show a high level of efficiency and organisation when managing and monitoring the training and induction process as a whole
- To have a good knowledge of current child care and education practices and regulations
- To be involved in the curriculum, giving advice with planning
- NVQ / CACHE / BTEC Level 3 in Child Care or a Diploma in Child Care
- Management Skills Level 3 or higher
- Excellent knowledge of EYFS and a minimum of 2 years prior experience within a Manager's role
Tigerlily Recruitment want to help you to make the right choice in your next career move. If you meet the criteria set above, or would like Early Years Career advice please apply ASAP for an informal and confidential chat.
We cater for all Early Years jobs and currently have Nursery Manager, Deputy Manager, QTS, Montessori, Room Leader and Early Years Practitioner / Nursery Nurse vacancies.