Here are the main duties expected of the Nursery Manager. Please note that this description is a basic outline of the expected duties and that other additional duties may be requested from time to time.
- To know and understand all Nursery policies and ensure that these policies are implemented at all times.
- To know and understand all Nursery prices.
- To know and understand EYFS
- To be punctual and willing to do overtime when required
- To be well presented at all times
- To work as part of a team
- To use initiative
- To support the owner of the nursery and work in the best interests of the nursery at all times.
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff as directed by the owner of the nursery.
- To supervise staff and students and assist with staff appraisals and supervisions
- To recognize staff training needs and look for courses that fulfill those needs. Managers should also keep records of courses booked or attended for each individual member of staff.
- Organize, attend and minute regular staff meetings.
- Where necessary, be prepared to work with the nursery nurses to cover staff leave/absences.
- Supervise the planning and preparation of the activities in all the rooms, ensuring that they meet the correct criteria for each of the age groups.
- Supervise the completion of development records and observations.
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out daily.
- Ensure that the staff are keeping the nursery clean and tidy and are working to the appropriate cleaning rotas.
- Liaise with the owner of the nursery to formulate working staff rotas, ensuring that you are meeting the staff ratios at all times.
- Assist with the preparation of regular parent newsletters
- Organize a parents evening at least once a year.
- Keep and monitor accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervise the administration of all medication
- Provide the owner of the nursery with regular reports on the nursery and its staff.
- Assist the owner of the nursery with marketing exercises
- Keep attendance records for all of the children up to date.
- When necessary, to show potential customers around the nursery and be able to discuss the nursery policies with them.
- To assist with the general administration of the nursery, as directed by the owner.
- General Admin
- Staff Training
- Leadership & Management
- Knowledge of Ofsted requirements
- EYFS Understanding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job