Deputy Manager Needed
We are a thriving nursery looking for anenthusiastic, energetic and motivational Deputy Nursery Manager. This is anexciting opportunity to lead a happy nursery where we focus on encouragingchildren to be children, learning through fun and engaging play. You will beworking with a dedicated team in a caring, family friendly, characterful andstimulating environment which is inviting to children, parents and staff. The role is predominantly room based but there will be some office based duties.
- To operate alongside the direction of the Manager, deputising as required.
- Adhere to policies and procedures implemented by our nursery, ensuring relevant legislation is met.
- Having key holder responsibility, ensuring security is maintained at all times, including the opening up and the closing of the nursery at the end of the day.
- Deal with complaints (verbal/written), recording and responding within the set time frame and reporting to governing bodies and Head Office where warranted.
- Ensure daily registers and records of children in attendance are accurate.
- Oversee roles and responsibilities as required by legislative requirements and liaise with external agencies.
- Assist in ensuring details are added to the nursery software management system.
- Assist in keeping waiting lists up to date to support high occupancy.
- Actively promote services to entice prospective customers and ensure the retention of families.
- Train staff members how to support informative, professional and welcoming show rounds to prospective customers.
- To administer or oversee first aid and medication, referring to further emergency assistance if required. To report accidents of staff or serious injury to children to parents, relevant Inspectorate, RIDDOR, the Director and Head Office.
- A full and relevant level 3 qualification as defined by Children’s Workforce Development
- Paediatric 12hr First Aid certificate
- Safeguarding training and qualification
- Minimum of 2 year’s post qualifying experience Minimum of 1 year’s management experience
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year