Deputy Nursery Manager
Title: Deputy Nursery Manager
Location: Bourne End
Hours: 45 hours per week - Nursery open hours are 7:30am until 6:30pm
Salary: up to £23,000 per annum + benefits including discounted childcare and free parking
Reporting to: Nursery Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Deputy Nursery Manager or a third in charge ready for the next step up.
The role will require an 'all hands-on deck’ attitude. You will join a dedicated start-up team consisting of four other staff members. This is a wonderful rewarding role with plenty of responsibility and reward.
Professional development is vital for our client, CPC Training is offered throughout the group, a minimum of three courses a year. If you are an individual who values skill development, handling responsibility and working within a dedicated team, this would be the perfect role for you.
The Role of Deputy Nursery Manager
To assist and support the Nursery Manager in the day-to-day management and running of the nursery. In the absence of the manager, to undertake responsibility for the overall day-to-day management of the nursery.
Deputy Nursery Manager - Responsibilities
- To ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- To assist the manager in ensuring that all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, child protection and Health and Safety is complied with and that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation stage including overseeing planning and record keeping.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Support the manager and staff during Ofsted inspections and assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Assist the manager in monitoring and controlling budgets and maintaining petty cash systems.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of regular staff meetings, planning meetings and parent’s meetings and other events. This will include organising agendas and minutes.
- Assist the manager with the collection, recording and banking of fees.
- Assist the manager with the recruitment and induction procedure for all new staff, and ongoing supervisions and appraisals.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
Deputy Nursery Manager - skills and experience required:
- 3+ years supervisory experience within a nursery setting
- Experience of leading and supporting staff teams to improve practice.
- A Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3
- An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- A willingness to undertake further training including some evenings and weekends
- A sound knowledge of childcare development from birth to five years.
- A sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- An understanding of a play based approach to children’s learning and development.
- Understanding of the role of the "Key Person".
- A sound knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Ability to lead a team.
Deputy Nursery Manager - Desirables:
- A higher level qualification in Early Years Childcare and Education/Childhood Studies.
- A management qualification.
- A current First Aid qualification.
- An understanding of the inspection process of regulatory bodies.
- A knowledge and understanding of research related to childcare and education.
- An ability to plan and organise work load.
If you feel you have what it takes to be considered for this role of Deputy Nursery Manager, please get in touch and we look forward to hearing from you!
Nursery, Deputy, Manager, Practitioner, Children, Early Years, childcare, school, education, Ofsted