Our associates as Poppy's People, an Early Years Recruitment Service are delighted to be assisting their clients in their search for a Nursery Cook in a wonderful little setting near Egham in Surrey.
Days/Hours: Monday - Friday - 9am-2pm = 25 Hours per week.
A rare opportunity for an experienced, nursery cook to join this lovely small established Nursery Setting in Egham Surrey.
1) To maintain excellent hygiene and safety standards within the kitchen area
2) To provide healthy meals for all children.
3) To refrain from using salt in the children’s food
4) Cater for children with allergies or dietary requirements
5) Provide a variety of nutritious daily snacks for the children
6) To ensure that all snacks and meals are ready on time according to each rooms daily routine and the needs of individual children
7) Complete all necessary paperwork and ensure that it is always kept up to date.
8) Ensure that all food temperatures are recorded and food samples dated and stored.
9) Continually assess and update menus to provide, healthy, nutritious and fun meals.
10) Ensure food is well presented when served
11) Understand the weekly food budget and keep within it.
12) Be able to order the food online with the specified supermarket
13) Cook and order food according the correct portion size per child, allowing extra so that the children may help themselves to more if they wish.
14) Promote meals that encourage independence for those children that are able to be involved with the preparation or serving of their own food.
15) To support the staff in the teaching of food and cooking activities.
16) To attend out of work activities e.g) staff meetings, training courses, fund raising events.
17) To adhere to a smart dress code at all times and wear the correct uniform
18) To regard each child and staff member as an individual and to show a respect for care, culture, disability and to encourage and nurture this in junior staff.
19) To mentor trainee staff, imparting the pertinent job knowledge.
A food hygiene cerificate would be diserable
For immediate consideration for this role please follow the application link on this page.
Poppy's People are Specialsit Recruiters to the UK Early Years Sector.
- Food Hygiene
- Food Preparation