The Chef will work from Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 1pm, Monday To Friday.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Retail and Commercial Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To plan, prepare and cook nutritious and balanced food to meet the needs of the nursery children, ensuring that legal, safety and individual requirements are met.
To provide fresh, nutritious and well-presented meals, suitable for children under the age of five, according to the current menus.
To maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times and to follow our strict hygiene procedures to prevent the risk of cross contamination.
To constantly be alert and aware of the nursery Special Dietary Needs - referring to food allergies, food intolerances, cultural needs, vegetarian requirements and any other.
To be aware of and carry out duties in connection with Health and Safety at work (e.g. Risk Assessments, COSHH, RIDDOR etc) to update and manage the Safer Food, Better Business file daily.
To be familiar with emergency procedures carried out in case of an accident / fire.
To follow the college strict food hygiene procedures (e.g. food temperature checks and monitoring; recording this daily).
To prepare a healthy morning snack for each of the nursery rooms, as required.
To prepare a nutritious cooked lunch in line with the current menu, ensuring all children’s needs are met and to include suitable puréed food for babies.
To prepare afternoon tea in line with the current menu.
To ensure a small supply of suitable frozen meals are readily available in the freezer, for emergency use.
To ensure all areas of the kitchen are hygienically maintained at all times, in accordance with Health & Safety Regulations.
To ensure that equipment and materials (including the dishwasher, microwave, oven, fridges and freezers) are cleaned and everything is cleared away leaving the kitchen is neat and tidy at the end of the day in line with the daily and weekly cleaning checklist.
To ensure that equipment is maintained in good order and that any faulty or potentially
dangerous equipment is immediately removed and reported to the Nursery Management Team.
To ensure stocks in the dry store are rotated daily and stock is monitored and maintained
through the weekly shopping order.
To defrost fridges and freezers on a regular basis to maintain efficiency.
To promote healthy eating to children and staff through interacting over meal times and taking
an interest in the development of a vegetable patch/ herb garden.
To always have a ready supply of recipes for staff to use with the children and to ensure an
availability of equipment for the children to experience cooking with.
To assist with other Catering areas in the College as and when required
- Food hygiene qualification
- Enhanced DBS
- City and Guilds Award in Culinary skills or other relevant qualification – A
- Level 2 in maths and English or a willingness to work towards in the first 12 months of
employment - A
- A1 award or willing to work towards - A
- Food production/food service background – A / I
- Previous experience of working within a catering operation – A
- Previous experience of working in a nursery setting - A
- Experience of supporting catering and conference operations – A / I
- The ability to set up, deliver events/hospitality and break down events – A / I
- Excellent communication and customer care skills with a customer centred approach to
service delivery – I
- An understanding of customer service and ability to provide this to the highest standard
– A / I
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures – A / I
- Ability to work effectively within a team and also on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload - I
- Ability to operate in a multi-disciplinary environment – I
- Ability to complete administration tasks – A / I
- An understanding of, and a commitment to, the College’s Equal Opportunities
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'