Our clients are currently looking for a Nursery Cook to cook for our children from 6 months to 10 years old. Candidates must have a Food & Hygiene -Level 2 certificate and experience of cooking for up to 35 children and babies. The successful candidate will have a minimum 1-2 years’ experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen, ensuring compliance with registration and legislative requirements at all times.
- To organise, cook and prepare a healthy, balanced diet for children aged 6 months to 10 years in accordance with the nursery menus.
- Take into consideration daily those children who have special dietary requirements and prepare a suitable alternative.
- Ensure the kitchen and equipment is kept suitably clean at all times including walls, floors and trolleys to transport food following a cleaning schedule. On a daily basis that all crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils are washed in accordance with food safety guidelines.
- Ensure that all foods are ready at the specified time and correctly served.
- To ensure you have a clean uniform, including head wear, daily and wear suitable footwear for working in a busy kitchen space.
- The ability to work as part of a team and use your own initiative.
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise tasks.
- To contribute to the team effort of the nursery and to attend staff meetings and social events as and when required
- Be prepared and punctual at all times.
- Order food weekly to ensure foods are fresh and suitable for menus.
- Ensure kitchen is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure cooking utensils are kept clean and tidy at all times..
- Be aware of policies and representing The Homestead Childcare.
- Should have good understanding of food hygiene regulations
- Be aware of Health & Safety at all times.
- Nursery Chef, Nursery Cook: 1 - 2 years
- Experience of complying with the safer food, better business regulations and a familiarity of the associated paper work
- Experience of Health and Safety issues
- Experienced in catering for children
- City and guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or NVQ2/3
- Safeguarding Level 1
Required licence or certification:
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job