JOB TITLE: Nursery Practitioner (Temporary Bank Staff)
HOURS: Variable (as and when required by the Kings Road Nursery by mutual consent to cover staff holidays and absences when needed)
HOURLY RATE: From £8.50 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced, enthusiastic and motivated nursery workers looking for temporary work with flexible working hours/ days, to become part of our bank staff team.
We are a fantastic, small and friendly independent nursery in a lovely setting. We are dedicated to continually working towards and aspiring to be the leading experts in childcare in our local area, offering high quality provision and providing a safe and stimulating environment in which children thrive. We cater for 40 children between the ages of three months and five years.
This is a flexible role, with no set hours, and you will be required to cover staff holidays and absences when required. Hours will therefore vary dependent on the needs of the nursery. Successful candidates need to be able to cover shifts at short notice.All candidates must have experience working within in a nursery environment and knowledge and understanding of the EYFS.
To offer children a safe, secure, caring and supportive environment, providing opportunities to foster their growth and development within the Nursery, ensuring that their physical, social, emotional, educational and play needs are met. To work as part of a team with the other members of staff in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn. To build and maintain strong partnerships working with the parents and other members of staff to enable each of the children’s needs are met.
- To be responsible for organising the environment inside and outside to ensure resources and equipment are available and appropriate to meet the needs of the individual children within the group, whilst making sure the resources and equipment are set out in a purposeful, stimulating and safe way, rich in learning opportunities.
- To clear away activities, toys and equipment once finished with, encouraging children to help, making sure all is put away correctly.
- To be a positive role model to other staff and children in respecting the Nursery’s environment and resources.
- To meet the physical needs of the children, encouraging good standards of personal hygiene, whilst helping children develop independence and self-help skills in toileting, dressing and feeding.
- To monitor and evaluate children’s learning through a range of assessment, observation and monitoring strategies, ensuring progress records are maintained.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To assist with meal and snack times and to ensure children's dietary requirements are catered for.
- To assist in the promotion of parental involvement ensuring you develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication channels with parents/ carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs and to provide constructive feedback on children’s progress/ achievement.
- To work alongside the Nursery team to ensure the Nursery’s philosophies are fulfilled.
- To advise the Room Leader of any concerns in relation to the children, parents, and the safety of the environment.
- To support all staff and engage in cohesive, positive working practices.
- To ensure confidentiality is upheld at all times in relation to information regarding the children, their families, and other staff members.
- To be familiar with and adhere to the Nursery's policies and procedures at all times.
- To adhere to and work in line with the Nursery's values, contributing to the success of the Nursery's vision.
- To be flexible within working practices of the Nursery, sharing in any other duties and responsibilities such as cleaning equipment, preparing snacks, domestic tasks etc. as required from time to time, that will assist in the day-to-day running of the Nursery.
- To be accountable for the delivery of the above responsibilities and tasks.
Essential skills and experience required for the role:
- A high degree of empathy and integrity when dealing with children.
- Excellent knowledge of child development.
- Common sense and ability to work under their own initiative.
- Adaptable and the ability to manage change and multi-task.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or part of a team and a willingness to help others.
- Professionalism, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.