Currently looking to recruit a Level 3, qualified practitioner for an established nursery in Gloucester who can build and maintain a strong partnership working with staff and parents to enable children’s needs to be met. The successful candidate will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayres etc
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Minimum Level 3 Qualification
- Experience of working in Early Years settings
- Experience of implementation of EYFS
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Early Years
- Ability to communicate with adults and children