Nurse Team Leader Job!
£37500 Per annum £20.00 per hour!
Days only no nights!
36 hours per week!
Work life balance on offer!
Yolk Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse Team Leader to join a 40+ bedded care home in Swansea.
Care Standards and Quality Assurance
- To manage the floor or designated area throughout a span of duty
- To co-ordinate and lead the team ensuring that optimum person centred care is delivered to service users at all times and that Registered Nurses work effectively within the parameters of their own job descriptions
- To ensure all clinical issues and concerns requiring input from the Clinical Lead are escalated in a timely and co-ordinated manner
- To identify and mitigate any potential risks to Service Users, staff or visitors during a span of duty and ensure necessary documentation is completed in a timely manner
- To participate in the planning, implementation and management of care in conjunction with the Clinical Specialist for the shift, seeking and taking advice as required
- To participate in the review, recording and updating of care plans as required
- To be a competent role model and act as a knowledgeable resource for the team, always seeking advice from the Clinical Specialist as needed
- To ensure that all medicines are administered in line with company policy and best practice guidelines, acknowledging own limitations in knowledge, if any, and seeking advice from Clinical Specialist as needed.
- Ensure management of medication complies with Company, Care standards and NMC guidance and that medical stock and clinical supplies are replenished in a timely manner and maintained as economically as possible
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the nutritional needs of each Service User is being maintained.
- Working with the Leisure and Wellness Coordinator, ensure that the Service Users leisure and well-being is being maintained
- Once trained, assessed and competent, undertake specific clinical procedures and tasks as identified below
- Baseline observati
- Oxygen therapy and nebulizers
- Simple wound care and pressure sore management
- Stoma management
- Gastrostomy feeds
- Ensure effective communication with Service Users , their relatives, friends , other staff and external visitors to the Home and deal sensitively with their concerns
- Ensure own knowledge and job skills are up to date to ensure that our Service Users receive the best possible standards of care and service
- Show courtesy and respect to Service Users at all times and respect their confidentiality and the confidentiality of their family and friends
- Encourage their family and friends to become involved in the Service users care as appropriate and if so desired by the Service User
- Greet all visitors, and answer the telephone, in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote your Care Home
- To manage all levels of Registered Nurses on the floor during a span of duty with particular reference to attendance, punctuality and sickness
- Resolve any performance issues as and when they arise and ensure that staff members Team Leader is notified accordingly
- Provide line management to a dedicated team of Carers and Senior Carers and ensure;
- Regular planned and documented supervision as per company policy
- Annual appraisal and SMART objective setting for each team member
- Monitor and manage attendance of all team members and instigate attendance management /disciplinary policy as appropriate.
- Assist with the induction and training of new staff and facilitate Common Induction Standards sessions and other training sessions as required
- Work in the role of mentor to new staff or staff with performance issues as required
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Plan and monitor the staff rota for your unit daily. Ensure levels of staff reflect resident dependency without recourse to agency.
Generic Core Duties
- Positively promote the Home through personal conduct both within and outside working hours
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures have been read and understood and ensure compliance with them at all times
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues at all times
- Any other reasonable instruction from either Clinical Specialist, Nursing Care Manager or Home Manager, which is within your area of competence
- Nursing Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'