Our Client, Hampshire County Council, based in Willow Court Nursing Home, Andover, are looking for a Qualified Nurse to manage and direct nursing care for a designated number of older people and/or older people with a variety of health concerns, including mental health problems.
This role requires working frequently in unpleasant conditions from smell, noise, dust/body fluids, faeces, vomit and the emptying of bed pans and urinals catheter bags and the successful candidate must be prepared to accept responsibility for the provision of person centred, professional nursing care to residents within older person’s nursing homes.
- This role requires specialist knowledge of nursing practice to care specifically for older persons.
- Must be able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care plans for residents and accept responsibility for the accurate documentation and reporting of clinical and non-clinical issues to other team members.
- Must understand and adhere to the NMC Code of Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice at all times.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of elderly care, rehabilitation and the health and social care agenda.
- Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to engage residents/families or care workers in planning, monitoring and assessing the service.
- Must maintain highly developed physical skills where accuracy is required for intravenous injections, syringe pumps and infusions, insertion of urinary catheters and removal of sutures.
- Must be a Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Nurse.
- Must have a general range of experience of medical, surgical nursing and elderly care.
- Must have a good working knowledge of clinical governance and good clinical skills and the ability to engage successfully with residents, families and carers.
So if you are a qualified Nurse and are looking for a new flexible role, please apply now!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job