Position: Registered Nurse RNLD or RMN
Salary (£): £32,656 to £33,904
Location: Leofrick Villa, Sandwell, Birmingham
Sector: Residential Care, Learning Disabilities
About the Service:
- Leofrick Villa (Consensus Support Services) is a brand-new residential service opening in June 2021
- We require new staff to commence employment in April/May 2021
- Leofrick Villa has been designed as an 8 flat residential service designed to support individuals who form part of the transforming care agenda in Sandwell, West Midlands. The service is designed as a step down from a hospital environment but offers the wrap around support of residential support that supported living is unable to offer.
- The service will have nurses as part of the staff team to provide additional guidance and expertise and its support model is based on that of positive behaviour support and person-centred active support to enable people with behaviours that may challenge the support they need to live the life they want to lead.
- This is an exciting time to join Consensus at Leofrick Villa and start with a new team from the beginning, training and setting up the service with the Registered Manager.
- Demonstrate awareness of how clinical procedures related to people we support are carried out and administered to maintain their wellbeing and to prevent symptoms of ill being.
- Control the Service’s supplies and ensure the supplies are used effectively and economically.
- To recognise the legal implications of nursing documentation.
- Be aware of and demonstrate statutory legislation and Company policies and procedures e.g. CS Act, NMC Guidelines, Health and Safety (see role specification).
- Demonstrate the importance of variation in people we support condition, staff compliance or non-compliance and any learning points that you might need to now or are unsure of or additional skills to remain competent to practice as a registered nurse. Report any mishaps as soon as possible to the Matron and record in the Incident/Accident Report book.
- Report the condition of the people we support, receive instructions and ensure that these instructions are carried out or document reason for non-compliance.
About You – Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
- NMC Registered nurse with an active PIN number, and a strong knowledge of person-cantered care
- Preferably with experience gained in working with learning disabilities, complex behaviours or forensic services
- Strong and effective communication and people skills, able to motivate and develop the wider team around you
- Ability to prioritise and delegate where necessary to provide the very best in care
- Knowledge of current care practices laid out by the CQC, a passion for delivering the very best standards to everyone
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary starting at £32,656 – rising through the career ladder to £33,904 – 40 hour week contract
- Refer a Friend Scheme – Receiving up to £300 per referral
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours/pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Support towards completing leadership and management qualifications
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers including nationwide cinemas
About Consensus Support Services:
Consensus was established in 2005 to support individuals with learning disabilities, autism, complex needs including Prader-Willi Syndrome. Our commitment to delivering the highest standards of support is nationally recognised and validated by the many awards we receive, and the consistently high ratings we receive from national regulators What’s more, our colleagues are among the best and most dedicated in the sector: trusted by individuals, families, local authorities and commissioners alike to deliver the best in personalised support in bespoke settings. Consensus has a set of values that underpin and define how we work, inspire us to succeed and support achievement of the highest standards. For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support:
Choice & Respect, Ambition & Imagination, Reliability & Professionalism, Honesty & Integrity, Responsibility & Accountability, Inclusive & Supportive
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'