Salary: Band 7 Enhanced Salary £40,000 - £45,000
Hours: Full Time 40 hrs a week (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm generally, but may be some requirement for out of hours work)
Registration: Preferably RNLD or RMN also open to any registered nurses such RGN`s with CHC experience
CHS Healthcare continues to grow with increasing demand for our trusted, focused services to support patients and families. Established in 1995 CHS Healthcare provides expert support, advice and direct delivery of individual contracts direct to the NHS and on behalf of the NHS.
Working for CHS Healthcare in partnership with Wandsworth CCG, the CHC Nurse Assessor will implement the National Service Framework (NSF) for NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) and NHS Funded Nursing Care (FNC) for residents within the responsibility of Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group. The post holder will have a continuing responsibility for a defined caseload including the completion of National Framework assessment tools in conjunction with individual/family and Multidisciplinary teams (MDT), review and assess a client`s eligibility for NHS CHC and FNC.
- To undertake continuing healthcare assessments, review and plan an appropriate care pathway, in liaison with other professionals involved with the service user.
- To undertake timely hospital CHC assessments when required to in line with the CCG Discharge to Assess work plan.
- The successful candidate will be involved in the provision of expert case management to both health and social care staff working within the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare, NHS Funded Nursing Care and Personal Health Budgets.
- To undertake complex case management for CHC funded patients allocated to you which will require reviewing of patients needs, making recommendations for care package adjustments to meet the patient needs, conducting/leading best interest meetings and network meetings when deemed appropriate to address any issues that arise.
- To contribute to Patient Safety initiatives including Safety thermometer, Medicines Management in Care Home, DoLS and Pan London Safeguarding policy (not exhaustively).
- To undertake statutory reviews and ensure that all reviews, and reassessment include appropriate reports, risk assessment and evidence to support the level of care need identified within the relevant documentation. As part of the review process, ensure a review of placement or care package is also undertaken to ensure that all care needs are being met and to ensure best value for the funding authority.
- To ensure effective and timely communications regarding the outcome of the assessment and review process with all professionals involved, the client and their representatives.
- To work on allocated appeals completing Health Needs Portrayals and collating clinical evidence retrospectively required for Local Review Panels(LRP) and NHS England Independent Review Panels(IRP)
- Attend CHC Appeals Panels and present allocated cases as and when required to do so.
- To maintain effective communication on issues in complex situations arising from the application of NHS Continuing Healthcare criteria and the outcomes, including a range of professionals including GP`s and Health professionals and voluntary sector.
- Communicate decisions to clients and families regarding funding decisions which included distressing information whereby health funding may not be approved, has been reduced or withdrawn, or a decision has been deferred for further review.
- Work flexibly within a team and communicate well with other colleagues, ensuring all records are comprehensive and that colleagues are briefed on potential issues, which may arise during any planned absence.
- To effectively work with and manage stakeholders which include outside agencies such as Social Care Teams, Care homes, Domiciliary Care Agencies, Archive Teams, GP practices, Community Health Teams, Commissioners, CSU staff (list not exhaustive).
- Maintain mandatory training, clinical competency, knowledge and skills within the field of continuing healthcare by attending in service training updates and maintaining own professional development.
- Work within the guidelines relating to Code of Conduct for the relevant discipline (E.g. NMC, HCPC), Confidentiality, Accountability and Scope of Professional Practice.
Please include your mobile number on your CV as you will be sent a text if you are shortlisted to take part in a structured competency based telephone interview
See our website for our company profile.
Closing Date for applications is 9th March 2018
Face to Face interviews will be held on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th March 2018
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to candidates who are not shortlisted. Please therefore assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not contacted you three weeks following the closing date.
No agencies please
- Case Manager
- Allied Healthcare