NPI Production Engineer
We are recruiting an exciting NPI Production Engineer role to work with a market leading Manufacturer in Telford. With a global reach and an increasing order book, my client is looking to further bolster their Engineering team. The successful candidate will posses strong FMEA/CQRS knowledge, have developed products from concept through to creation and have experience in Lean/Six Sigma principles. In return my client will offer full training and progression in the role.
My client is a market leading Product manufacturer based in Telford. After strong organic growth and a focus on innovation they are now looking for a NPI Production Engineer to join their ever growing Engineering department. Later this year a number of programmes are due to launch across their business both nationally and internationally. The roll will offer further training and development as well as full autonomy.
Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager, the NPI Production Engineer will;
- To be responsible for the planning, co-ordination, monitoring, reporting and introduction of new products, projects and components in accordance with departmental procedures, management instruction, quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Ensure external manufacturing processes are capable and consistent of giving the correct component specification and quality.
- Develop and implement plans to meet company objectives.
- Monitor plans and recommend adjustments (where necessary) to take into account deviations which could effect on time delivery.
- Compile new product and promotion manufacturing quotations within the specified time frame and ensure the correct selection of supplier, manufacturing process, material and component cost.
- Provide accurate information for the Technical Information Centre to deliver prompt and accurate introductions of Engineering Changes, Bills of Material, Product Promotions and other relevant procedures, minimising the value of redundant stock.
- Develop the maintenance and delivery of agreed cost savings, OTIF delivery and quality improvement objectives.
- Minimum HNC in Engineering or relevant industry
- Strong knowledge of component design
- Good knowledge of injection moulding/castings
- An understanding of FMEA & ISIR
- Ability to draft procedures and compile value added activities
£38,000 - £42,000 + benefits