NPI Engineer, West Sussex - £20000-25000pa.
Our West Sussex based client is a leading design and manufacturer of electro/mechanical/plastic products.
They require a NPI Engineer to work within the design team and be responsible for supporting production with new designs or modifications to existing products. You will also be involved in monitoring and investigating Quality issues from initial report to preventative action and implementation.
* Manage the New Product Introduction (NPI) process of new products from R&D department into production.
* Liaison with Engineering Design during product development phase.
* Develop the production process for new products, including qualifying the supply chain and packaging methods.
* Assist with the design of production Jigs and fixtures, packaging, testers, etc.
* Preparation of specifications for capital equipment and manual processes including inspection/test.
* Analyse the current production process and introduce lean manufacturing techniques.
* Work with Design Engineering to improve the manufacturability of current products.
* To modify drawings & 3D models during the Engineering Change Note (ECN) process.
* General Drawing office maintenance jobs to ensure the smooth running of the department.
* Bill of Material creation for products.
* Obtain tooling quotes.
* Reports to be written on new and old product quality issues.
* Work with Quality and Supply chain to improve component and product quality.
* Involvement in product life testing, both current products and development product.
* Engineering Degree or HND/HNC equivalent.
* Solid Works knowledge.
* Excellent Drawing office knowledge and good working practices.
* Comprehensive understanding of Design & Product life cycle.
* Ability to work with other members and departments for the good of the project.
* Good analytical approach to investigating engineering and product quality issues.
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Production Engineering
- New Product Introduction
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job