My client is a market leading and award winning FMCG company based in the North East, who create and supply premium own brands to a number of major retailers. They are now seeking a Junior/Graduate NPD Technologist to join their hugely successful development team. This is such an exciting time to join the business as they continue to expand their position within the market and were recently successful in tendering for started supplying in to two further major UK retailers.
This exciting opportunity requires a 'culinary obsessed’ candidate with a food science degree, ideally 6 months experience within in a Food Technologist role, a passion and flair for creating on-trend and highly innovative food concepts.
The successful candidate will report in to an experienced and hugely supportive Development Manager with an outstanding track record of nurturing NPD talent, guiding and supporting careers and consistently, fast tracking promotions of successful technologists in to more senior Development roles.
Please note that you will be required to occasionally travel to meet with B2B Food customers across the north east, so candidates MUST have their own vehicle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of high quality and commercially successful food products from concept through to launch on behalf of major UK retailers accounts.
- Writing/recording recipes, preparing kitchen samples and ensuring smooth delivery of projects within agreed time scales
- Contributing and assisting with customer presentations across the UK for both retailer and food service clients
- Assessing, evaluating and reporting on project delivery within critical path deadlines.
- Provide clear direction for the operational team ensuring initial concepts are replicated in the factory.
- Working collaboratively with Technical and Quality teams to ensure concepts are replicated in the factory and that they meet with customer specifications.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You will be a food graduate or alternatively demonstrate previous experience within a similar role as a Technologist or Development Chef within Food Manufacturing.
- Graduate Degree in Food Science or similar
- Experience of managing the development of briefed products from kitchen concept through to a successful launch
- Excellent knowledge of current and emerging food trends
- A natural born foody whose life frequently revolves around enjoying new and unique dining experiences and focussing on future food trends and new flavour combinations
- Accuracy and attention to detail in recipe creation and recording of weights, units etc.
- Demonstrate a cutting and creative edge, a talent for developing new products and ideas which are commercially viable.
- Relationship building, communication/interpersonal and presentation skills
25 days holiday
Car Allowance (Following 3-month probationary period)
Unrivalled career progression and development
?To apply for this roe please forward a copy of our CV. For a confidential chat about this opportunity please contact Damian Anderson directly at Ritz Recruitment's Manchester office.
- Food Manufacturing
- Food Science
- Product Development
- Product Innovation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job