Working closely with the Head of NPD, this New Product Development Manager will support and manage the delivery of new products from concept to shelf. It would suit a Product Development professional.
- Customer facing - being the first point of contact for major customers.
- To liaise with suppliers and retailer customers to develop products ensuring that they meet the specified guidelines and customer requirements.
- Working with customers to understand NPD & Innovation briefs
- To ensure detailed briefs are given to manufacturing sites.
- Evaluating product nutrition and understanding the requirements of the relevant customer.
- Evaluating Allergens and understanding the various site capabilities and customer needs.
- To assist in the successful launch of new and re-developed lines, through timely completion of tasks in-line with project critical path.
- To ensure that accurate documentation is supplied to the relevant retailers in a timely manner ahead of a tasting session.
- To build successful relationships with customers; suppliers and team members to aid the identification and swift resolution of any queries raised.
- To ensure a smooth transition of product details are given to the relevant specification and packaging team for a successful launch.
- To contribute to the business Quality Management System
- To create and maintain Technical Product Folders for all lines supplied.
- To undertake additional work or projects at the discretion of the food technologist and line manager
- To be responsible for the process of concept through to launch including customers presentations, trials and post-launch analysis.
- Manage new product development to adhere to target margins, technical and factory requirements.
- To traffic projects from NPD to launch within the relevant teams.
- To work with on-line artwork approval tools from retailer's design and artwork agencies
- Research and review innovations and trends in general foods, ingredients and packaging.
- Drive and attend regular taste panels to evaluate quality and benchmark external competitors to drive improvement.
- The successful candidate will have some Product Management experience. You will be very commercial, and you will be able to understand the market and embark on numerous NPD projects to help drive the UK business and help them achieve triple turnover growth.
Hours and Pay:
- Monday - Friday (37.5 hours) either 08.00 - 16.30 or 08.30 - 17.00 or 09.00 - 17.30
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays and 1 day a year up to 25 days
- Free parking
- £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Recruit Mint have the pleasure of working alongside a world-class company who supply into major UK retailers. This is a market leading company, who are experiencing a gap in the market, in which they need to fill.