To provide specialist support for the concept development and implementation of new companies product from the design phase into an international production environment. Primarily related to, but not limited to acoustic interior architecture furniture products.
1. Work as part of the design team to research, develop and manage engineering of projects from concept to manufacture.
2. Research and development of innovative materials / engineering solutions / production processes / engineering contingencies.
3. Help project manage and co-ordinate development / implementation project plans and deliver progress updates on live projects.
4. Engineering development through the use of software - FEA / Project management / Presentations using SolidWorks 3d cad / Word / Excel / Teamwork / Office 365 / PowerPoint.
5. Assist in producing prototypes including in house testing to prove out engineering directions both on site and occasionally off site.
6. Manage engineering implementation through to production and Investigate and resolve component and process issues for NPD/NPI elements.
Previous experience from within a similar mechanical engineering design role
Demonstrable experience in facilitating best practice tools, such as DFMEA’s, FMEA’s
Previous experience of working within a creative, innovative, design environment
Ideally have some of the following experince of :
Engineering experience working within Architectural / M&E fitout / Interior Architecture market or automotive / aeronautical engineering etc.
Experience of mentoring teams or individuals
Experience of project management, taking a project from Concept to fruition.
Extensive experience working with production processes
Mechanical & technical engineering experience related to structures, acoustics, moving mechanisms, ventilation, fluid dynamics, lighting and electronics are highly desirable.
IT literate - SolidWorks, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Office 365, Project management software such as Teamwork
Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial design engineering / Architectural technology engineering or a similar discipline
Possess a broad in-depth understanding of various materials and processes including (but not limited too), injection moulding, die casting, extrusions, CNC or wood, metal, steel fabrication, etc.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job