Job Title: NPH Trade Manager
Salary: Up to £44,660 per annum
Based: Manchester City Centre and Home Based
Contract: Fixed Term until 31 March 2021
Hours of work: Monday - Friday (Agile working environment depending on diary)
Holiday Allowance: 25 days plus 8 Bank holidays
The Growth Company - International Trade are looking to recruit an NPH Trade Manager to lead on the coordination and delivery of NPH Trade strategies, policies and operational plans, representing the local priorities across the region. Working closely with the Department for International Trade Northern Powerhouse team, the Trade & Investment Group, the NPH Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and wider stakeholders to implement and deliver coordinated programmes, initiatives and intelligence with a strong focus on increasing international trade across key sectors.
- Work closely with the NPH Trade & Investment Group, NPH LEPs, DIT, and other key stakeholders to facilitate and drive operational trade activity within the region ensuring strategic and operational alignment.
- Provide secretariat services to the NPH Trade & Investment group to ensure all policies and strategies are fully developed and implemented locally. Develop close working relationships with each LEP area in the NPH region to ensure programmes are fully embedded with local delivery and support an increase in exports.
- Research, support and write papers and proposals to support the development of trade policy and implementation of export support activities. Coordinate responses across the region and ensure local International Strategies and Local Industrial Strategies are reflected.
- Engage and contribute to NPH and regional International Trade Working Groups to drive engagement, activity, programmes and implementation of NPH Trade priorities. Ensure activities are aligned to the NPH Trade & Investment Strategy.
- Map out, engage and establish collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within the trade and business support ecosystem across the North West, including trade and sector representatives, private partners, inward investment agencies and the Growth Hubs.
- Work closely with the International Trade Development Managers and/or Export Managers based within each LEP / Business Growth Hub to ensure activity is aligned and to increase uptake of regional and local programmes and initiatives. This will include identifying and engaging significant businesses that DIT isn’t already active with and providing referrals into DIT Delivery Partner Trade Teams and the local Growth Hubs as appropriate.
- Foresee and maintain a high level of awareness of national policy and programme developments related to international trade, be able to influence and contribute to these and relate such developments back to service delivery across a range of local delivery partners.
- Contributory pension scheme - you pay in a minimum of 4% of your salary and we’ll pay in 6%
- 25 days holidays with 8 bank holidays increasing with length of service with the option of purchasing up to 10 days holiday per year
- Flexible dress code based on your diary
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave benefits
- Loans for public transport season tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
- The opportunity to join a private healthcare scheme at a discounted rate
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button below. As part of our application process you will be asked to register with our Careers site, a one off process which will give you access to some great features such as application tracking, interview slot self selection and vacancy e-mail alerts. Once registered you will then have the option of applying via your LinkedIn profile, uploading your CV or completing our online application form. If you're already registered with us you will be asked to login before continuing with your application.
The Growth Company particularly encourages applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are currently under-represented within the organisation.
The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Pre-covid, part of our recruitment strategy was to discuss any suggestions from candidates as to how the responsibilities of any of our roles could be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location. Now we are following the government’s advice for all our staff to work from home where possible. Going forward we will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles.
Should you apply for any of our roles, we will be following a virtual recruitment process with online interviews, as well as online assessments (where required). This will be explained to you further, should you reach interview stage. Face to face interviews will only take place where absolutely necessary. At all times we follow government guidelines in relation to Covid-19 in order to safeguard our employees or anyone visiting our sites. Should a face to face meeting be required, we will be more than happy to explain the measures we have put in place, ahead of you attending any of our premises.
Reasonable adjustments for interviews, whether virtual or face to face, will be considered.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'