Our client are a well established global business. Their UK Head office is in Warrington with 16 more offices across Europe. Due to continued growth we are currently looking for a Northern European Customer Service Manager to take over-all control for the Customer Service function of the offices in the Northern European territories.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the effective and efficient operations of the Customer Services processes and services operated within Global Shared Services in EMEA. Working in close alignment and under overall accountability of the Head of Sales Operations - the responsibility for a selection of processes including supporting technologies as well as the optimisation and continuous improvement of the respective processes. To break down strategic and process-related directions into actionable pieces to successfully drive operations within the customer service teams.
Key to the role will be to bring consistency of performance and measurement across the European region and within UK and to manage, develop and improve the co-operation between the cross-reliant departments such as Supply Chain, Product Managers, Logistics etc.
- Team management and continuous improvement
- 5- 10 team leads/members in the mentioned countries
- budget responsibility in the UK especially
- Responsible to measure process performance by developing, applying and monitoring relevant KPIs.
- Understand and break down on team-level the Global Shared Service and process strategy, assuring stable quality and productivity at lower costs.
- Successfully drive execution of processes in scope to achieve reliable business process performance and results.
- Regularly measure process performance within the respective teams by applying systematic compulsory metrics/KPIs, self-audits and risk assessments in order to gauge process maturity. Support preparation of internal/external audits.
- Ensure development of continuous process improvement and innovation measures (also addressing process-related IT) in full alignment with the Head of Sales Operations. Translate guidelines and measures given from the Head of sales Operations into actual process improvements.
- Manage personnel, performance, motivation and limit turnover by fostering a high performance culture, rewarding right behaviours, building skills and careers and facilitating a good team and work atmosphere.
- Leading a mixed team of offshore (set up according to entities) & near-shore teams (set up according to process) for customer service or accounts receivables.
- End-to-end responsibility for different customer service processes along (pre)sales, customer check, order and contract, fulfilment, invoicing & payment, customer care, support or accounts receivables ensuring successful handovers between on-and near-shore teams.
- Manage 5-10 team leads who direct their team members/CSRs (up to 100 people in total) within customer service and accounts receivables.
- Travel frequently to ensure on-site presence within different on-shore and near-shore teams/locations (up to 50%) to oversee and challenge processes and activities.
·Maths & English GCSE/Level
·Bachelor degree or equivalent
·Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
·Significant experience in process in scope (in-depth knowledge of process as well as broad and deep practical experience - focus on transactional activities
·Process management experience including the ability to apply, gauge and interpret process metrics
·In-depth knowledge of customer and business requirements
·Business Process acumen
·Shared service centre experience
·Relevant light industry experience
·Black Belt Certification
·Transition project experience
·Experienced to work with international clients from several countries
·Master degree either in Business Administration or Economics (or equivalent professional experience)
- Advanced user skills in process specific parts of standard ERP systems (desirable in SAP)
- Ability to resolve issues
- Ability to build productive working relationships with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain and enhance professional relationships with customers
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Frequent travel will be required (Domestic and European)
In return you will receive a very competitive basic salary of circa £55k + Bonus (circa £12k annually), £6k car allowance, and excellent benefits including pension contributions of up to 10%. Interested? This is an excellent opportunity for the right person. If you are interested and feel that you have the required skills please send your CV now to be considered for an interview.