Non-Executive Director Finance
Hockey Wales is the National Governing Body for Hockey in Wales. Leadership and Governance of the sport is overseen by the Board of Directors. Hockey Wales' head office is based in Cardiff with a regional office in Deeside, North Wales. Hockey Wales receives support from Sport Wales as its key funding partner.
Role of the Board of Directors of Hockey Wales
The Hockey Wales Board's role is to:
1 Provide leadership and expertise in a specific area to the company within the framework of prudent and effective controls that enable risk to be assessed and managed
2 Set the Hockey Wales's vision and strategic aims and ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the company to meet its objectives, and review management performance
3 Set the Hockey Wales values and standards and ensure that its obligations to the Hockey Wales members and others are understood and met.
ProfileThe Finance Director is responsible for advising the Board on all financial matters and provides leadership in the areas of finance, accounting, tax, budgeting and internal controls.
* Advise the Board on all financial matters and prepare reports as necessary.
* Ensure the preparation of financial statements, financial reports and other analyses as required.
* Oversee the company's VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE and other tax affairs.
* Coordinate the provision of quarterly management accounts and prepare reports for the Board.
* In conjunction with the Chief Executive oversee the preparation of the annual budget and present to the Board.
* Guide and support the Chief Executive in the management of the Company's accounting systems and internal controls.
* Liaise with the external auditors on all aspects of the annual accounts and tax returns.
* Ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
* Ensure compliance with financial legal and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and experience required:
* Extensive knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting
* Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections
* Strong Excel and financial modelling skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a company director
* Ideally you will be a qualified accountant i.e. ACA, ACCA, ACMA, with senior-level financial experience
Terms of Office:
Terms of Office for all Non-Executive Directors will be 12 months with the option to continue for 3 years all in line with the articles of association.
Approximately 1 day per month, there are 5 Board meetings annually and Board members may be asked to lead on a specific area of work or represent the organisation at other relevant meetings or events.
The position is voluntary and all reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be paid.
Flexible, although most meetings are in Cardiff, by phone, skype or video conference.
Noon on 22 February 2019 with interviews taking place early March.
For a list of full responsibilities of Board Directors, please see the linked document.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'