Backend Node.js Developer
Opun is the UK’s only assured end-to-end home improvement digital services platform, targeting the UK’s £44bn a year home improvement market with a new, ambitious and radical approach to deliver service efficiency. Acquired by the John Lewis Partnership, Opun has been recognised as the disruptive presence that the industry needs.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Node.js developer, focusing on architecting and building our new in-house CRM, workflow and project management system. We are focusing on building modern architecture systems, at a fast-pace, and taking the construction industry from the stone-age into the modern era.
As the Node.js developer your key responsibilities will include;
- To help architect new business solutions with the CTO
- Develop the back-end solutions and setting up coding standards
- Liaise with the front-end team and CTO to build scalable solutions
- Help to identify testing automation solutions
- Support and mentor a junior back-end developer (Wordpress/node/express)
- Using Asana to plan and record work
- Support system releases
- Occasional travel to the Stoke office where applicable
The successful candidate will have previously built, managed and deployed Node/Express APIs, ideally hosted on Google Cloud Platform, and have previous history of working in a TDD environment. Knowledge of React.js, testing automation solutions, Microservice architecture and CI/CD tools such as CodeShip is also of use. In addition you will have;
- Previous experience working with a MERN stack (MySQL/Express/React/Node)
- Previous experience building scalable systems utilizing Google Cloud Platform is beneficial, specifically using App Engine and/or Kubernetes
- Previous experience using ORMs (Sequelize preferably)
- Previous experience working within an Agile development team
- Knowledge of "best-off" testing automation tools and TDD best-practices
Additional skills that would be desirable would include;
- Previous experience or understanding of BigQuery and ML
- Any experience of vue.js, Typescript and PHP
- Knowledge of CodeShip or similar CI/CD tools
- Understanding of microservices
- Desire to educate and teach junior staff
- Diligent individual, with a high level of attention to detail
- Constant desire to improve and learn
- The desire to build something awesome!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'