NOC Support Manager - London, leading telecommunications player.
- 24/7 team, ITIL, TCP/IP, CCNP, idirect.
My client are truly a world leading telecoms powerhouse, with state art offices in the heart of London with free gym, subsidised canteen and are seeking NOC Manager to run a 24/7 team. This is a market leading satellite telecoms company.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Operations Engineers supporting all GSO operational activities across a wide range of services.
The successful applicant must be self-motivated and be capable of completing complex tasks with minimum supervision and have the confidence and ability to promote improvements to the operational environment
In view of the dynamic context of Network Operations the sphere of activities and responsibilities of the NOC Engineering Support Manager might change to reflect the evolution of the NOC role.
Key responsibilities of the position
- Support to GX Service Operations
- Manage, lead and motivate a team of NOC Engineers supporting a wide array of Inmarsat services
- Provide support to troubleshooting of all cases escalated by the 24/7 Operations Team
- Support the creation of a Global Operations model extending NOC Engineering support to multiple time zones and countries
- Ensure that service incidents and complex customer cases are dealt with efficiently ensuring highest possible availability and customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all operational documentation is kept up to date and that necessary procedures are completed regularly.
- Participate to daily NOC briefings
- Support training and knowledge transfer to 24/7 NOC Controllers to continually refreshing skills and ensure most recent processes are understood and adopted
- Consistently review systems and processes working with various teams providing feedback and provide suggestions for improvement and increased efficiency
- Using industry standards (ITIL) work to constantly improve service operations.
- Participate to Change Control Board (CCB) meeting.
- Perform data analysis to support decision making and most effective use of team resource and skills
- Deploy the use of automation and scripting to improve service operations simplifying the job of the 24/7 team and resolving incidents more quickly and effectively
- Prepare reports and metrics on KPI's relating to system and team effectiveness including workload, resource allocation and system state
- Recommend and implement improvements positively affecting the quality of service for customers
- Support to Other Service Operations
As a member of the GSO team it is expected that a good level of support is also provided to all other services under the remit of GSO.
The nature of the job will require the following key qualities:
- High degree of pro-activeness in defining and implementing solutions autonomously and virtually single-handedly but at the same time seeking feedback from other members of the team.
- Ability to consider and envision what will be needed in the GSO in the GX era, to come up with some conceptual ideas and drive them to conclusion
- Capability to establish and maintain relationship with people in various teams outside the GSO environment
- Capability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines and deliver high quality outputs
- Flexibility to work outside of working hours in order to support special activities and/or critical operations at short notice
- Flexibility to travel to Europe as well as USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, IT / Computing Science or equivalent qualification
- Experience in managing a technical team
- Experience working with iDirect Systems (possibly they can let this skill slip)
- Significant and proven relevant practical experience in satellite communication systems equipment, data communication and networking.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI 7 layer model along with QoS
- Knowledge and experience in Routing and Switching, Network Security, Virtualisation, Storage, Net Backup, Oracle DB and Linux
- Programming knowledge python or other or some form of scripting knowledge
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Good knowledge of key technology areas
- Physical layer and network / RF design
- Data Communication Networks
- Modulation and Coding
- Mobile satellite and VSAT systems
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience of customer liaison both via phone and e-mail.
- Flexible work attitude as will need to be available at times outside of normal working hours and will be required to travel.
- Calm and Methodical in approach to resolving problems under pressure.
- Desire to continually update skills and knowledge
- Programming ability (C++)
- Expertise in VSAT Systems.
- Cisco Certified (CCNP) with Modules in Routing and Switching and Security
Cisco CCNP certification
- NOC and support and manager and telecommuniation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job