Are you looking to further your career as a NOC Engineer in a large enterprise level environment and work with the latest technology? Do you want to work for a leading managed service provider?
The core purpose of the NOC Engineer is to resolve incidents on our network within agreed customer SLAs, act as escalation pathway for 1st line support staff, and support engineers in the field amending services.
About the Role
- Act as the technical authority and escalation point for our network infrastructure, consisting of wired and wireless networks, and an overall national network
- Provide 2nd line support for all incidents that are escalated to the team from both internal and external customers
- Manage the live network environment to provide as close to 100% uptime of all devices on the network, in accordance with agreed upon client SLAs
- Act as a point of escalation for the service desk, troubleshooting 2nd line incident investigations to resolution
- Liaise with our C1 customers and relevant 3rd parties to ensure that all service requests and incidents are dealt with efficiently
- Ensure that all incidents management processes are followed to ensure timely resolution of Major Incidents and 2nd line tickets escalated from the 1st line team
- Document and track all technical issues thoroughly through ServiceNow incident and problem management ticketing system
Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Understanding and hands on experience of networking principles and setups with a good grasp of ISP networking fundamentals
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent desirable
- ITIL Foundation desirable
- At least 1 year working in either a NOC or 2 years working within a service desk environment
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management and priority determination skills
- Maintain high standards of work and professionalism
- High standard for written and oral communication
- Polite and constructive whilst dealing with all customers
- Whenever possible increase and improve technical knowledge, where relevant to the job
- A strong team player who cares about their colleagues and creating a friendly and supportive working environment
Glide started life as separate businesses delivering broadband, utilities and communications services to different markets across the UK. For decades, we have been known for delivering exceptional connectivity and original solutions to the best universities and biggest businesses in the country.
We are now proud to stand together as one group that brings together sector expertise and creative spirit to make life simpler, customers happier and businesses more successful.
The Glide Group is growing quickly, expanding our footprint across the UK and into Europe, and building original ways for our customers to connect.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'