We are currently looking for a NOC Engineer for a national client in their Cardiff operation.
This role is a full time, permanent position (37.5 hours per week) Monday to Friday
- Working for the our wholesale/operational brand and providing support to our retail ISP operator.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills in networking & telecoms technologies. Ideally hold some form of industry qualification such as Cisco CCNA or Alcatel-Lucent NRS.
- The position will be working with IP, Ethernet, MPLS and leading edge access technology using GPON Fibre To The Home (FTTH).
- The role is extremely varied and requires some customer facing activities as well as assisting with back office network and product development work.
Key Responsibilities and skills
- Day to day management of the network responding to alarms, customer queries, network commissioning and supporting on site teams.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Maintain and operate element managers/server environment including Microsoft and Linux based systems.
- Maintain and create new documentation. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work independently with internal and external suppliers. Manage suppliers and escalation of faults requiring on site personnel. Act as focal point for network issues.
- Manage the network to meet availability targets.
- Investigate technical issues including travel to site.
- Assisting in the development of new products/services including broadband, data and voice products.
- Test, evaluation and deployment of new network hardware and software.
- Assist in training and knowledge transfer activities.
- Attend training courses and keep up to date with relevant technologies.
- Take part in standby rota.
- Engineering based degree ideally telecommunications or computer science or equivalent experience
- IP, Ethernet and GPON networking technologies
- OSI Layer 7 model
- MPLS, RSVP-TE, t-LDP, IP, TCP, UDP, PPPoE, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, DHCP, VRRP, 802.11g/n/ac, Ethernet
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Entry level salary is £23645 with scope to increase this over time
- Knowledge Transfer