NOC Engineer - 24/7 Operations
Our client is an established and reputable Online gaming company at the forefront of Sportsbook, Casino and Poker, with new modern offices in a premier location in Gibraltar, Near South of Spain.
Our client is seeking NOC Engineer
to join the growing team and offer competitive salaries, relocation assistance and a great benefits package.
Our client and ourselves as your agent look after from start to finish - Relocation Guidance & Assistance, Local Knowledge info - All rewarded with a UK comparative salary, lower tax, Full benefits package, relocation allowance and most importantly the Mediterranean lifestyle.
Gibraltar offers it all when you are looking for that high quality lifestyle of 300 days sun and outdoor living plus a stable and thriving economy in a technology hub with plenty of future career prospects. Gibraltar is an overseas British Territory with the main language being English and the currency sterling.
Gibraltar is multi-national and attracts people from all over the world boasting a vibrant community and bustling centre with modern marinas, casino, clubs, bars and restaurants.
Lower tax on electrical goods, cigarettes, alcohol and salary are another perk to life in Gibraltar.
Many people live in Spain and easily commute into Gibraltar daily and benefit from wages being exchanged into Euros and the lower cost of living that Spain has to offer. Working in the buzz of the city by day and living in a holiday destination in the evening/weekends, there is a fantastic work/life balance here.
Purpose of the role:
This service is responsible for 24/7 monitoring of the Network Operations Centre (NOC). Main responsibilities will be to assist the network and systems operation teams with monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of the environment. You will be supporting UNIX systems, windows systems, networking devices, Data Centre environmental conditions and integrated third party systems
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• To monitor and maintain the operational integrity of network equipment, servers, operating systems and critical services.
• Accurate recording and maintenance of all records relating to role, actions or procedures i.e. Checklist, Updating incident cases etc.
• Problem management and escalation within guidance of standard operating procedures.
• Escalation of calls to other support teams or third parties as necessary.
• Work with third party suppliers to resolve any issues that they might have which are affecting our customer facing services.
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of working practices and procedures.
• Meeting SLA’s as defined in the NOC handbook.
• Carrying out routine system and network integrity checks to maintain effective service levels.
• Provide initial troubleshooting on issues, working closely with other technicians to resolve any issues in a timely and efficient manner.
• Produce detailed root cause analysis reports on all major incidents.
• Provide hands on support for systems within our Data Centre environment.
• Maintain awareness of our entire live environment, be aware of and provide a rapid response to any issues
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• Fluent in both spoken and written English.
• Experience of working with a modern Data Centre, including monitoring of environmental conditions and critical power systems.
• Able to learn and adapt to new technologies through self-directed training.
• Ability to produce highly detailed documentation for technical procedures.
• Positive and proactive thinker.
• ITIL aware.
• Ability to work to strict guidelines and timescales across multiple streams simultaneously, often having to act on your own initiative.
• Knowledge of network monitoring tools.
• A Unix/Linux and windows skillset that will allow you to perform initial troubleshooting steps.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Understanding the concepts of a virtual infrastructure.
You will be required to work a 24/7 Shift pattern, working 2 Day shifts (12 hour), 2 night shifts (12 hour) with 4 days off. You will also be expected to provide cover when necessary.
- Call Centre
- Operating Systems
- Online Gaming
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'