Nightshift Warehouse Operations Manager
I am recruiting for a Nightshift Warehouse Operations Manager to join a growing food business in Kent.
The role is not a true nightshift and normal working hours will take place between 2pm and 2am.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the Night Warehouse Operation runs on time so that my client are able to meet customer requirements. The team consists of 40 people including three Night Supervisors.
Reporting to the Night Operations Manager, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure ordering picking is completed within the specified deadline, the orders are picked accurately and orders are loaded correctly on a daily basis.
- Manage productivity and efficiency using the KPI data gathered.
- Champion new customer launches.
- Champion new projects, processes and procedures.
- Identify opportunities and implement initiatives for continuous improvements.
- Ensure that all appropriate production and food safety records are completed.
- Actively manage the team including performance management, 1-2-1 meetings, staff conduct issues, collation of monthly payroll data, etc.
- Manage Absence and Timekeeping consistently across the shift.
- Staff (Shift team Member) Training as appropriate. This also includes new staff member training / induction programs.
- Produce the rota on a monthly basis identifying any staffing level issues.
- Review the error report daily and identify trends to ensure any problems are corrected for their next order.
- Attend and chair the weekly Operations meeting.
- Monitor waste and cleanliness in the working environment.
- Liaise with the Customer Service/Sales Teams with respect to enquiries / queries / information and other requests.
- Communicate with the Day shift on a daily basis and ensure handovers are completed.
What are my Client looking for?
- Previous experience at Management level within a warehouse environment.
- Excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills.
- Proven experience of managing projects and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Working in a time critical environment with the ability to make decisions in isolation.
- Experience of delivering training to staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues.
- IT literate with Intermediate level Excel Skills.
- Ability to determine priorities and be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactive with good problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with the ability to multi-task.
Salary £40 - £50k dependent on experience
- Food Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'