This position is Sunday night to Thursday 2030-0500.
Your day to day duties will include, involving safe working on mechanical handling equipment; (as trained to operate), checking delivery vehicle temperatures (where applicable), checking in goods (as applicable), order picking of ambient, frozen, and chilled goods as required. To carry out all date checks and audit checks in line with company requirements. To investigate stock discrepancies.
These duties together with all other duties associated with the effective and efficient running of the Warehouse area and other related areas.
· Supervision of Night Staff
· Brief Drivers on any load anomalies
· Ensure agency staff are covered and briefed on all legalities prior to departure
· Arrange cover for driver sickness as necessary
· Movement of Lorries onto the loading bay
· Loading of pallets onto the correct vehicles in preparation for delivery
· Accurately pick and collate stock
· Check in goods inwards, (as required)
· Use mechanical handling equipment in daily duties in safe and competent manner, (as trained to do so)
· Clean & tidy all working areas
· Carry out any hygiene / maintenance related or any other task deemed appropriate by the manager / supervisor in any part of the site
· Monitor critical control points in line with the company’s HACCP system.
· Carry out stock checks as required.
· To ensure all date checks and audit checks are completed in a timely manner and in line with BRC requirement.
· Adhere to the instruction given by Management
· Responsibility for Health & Safety of self and others
· Ensure compliance with Working Instruction /Quality Procedures
· Operate to company rules and requirements at all times
· Assist with training of others when required
· Carry out temporary cover arrangements as required in any area allocated
· Carry out pre-operational checks on MHE equipment prior to use
· Conscientious monitoring of products held within the warehouse and reporting of non-conformances to the Warehouse Supervisor in accordance with the product handling & storage work instruction.
This position is ideal for someone looking to take their next step in progressing there career. For more information or if you wish to apply. Please call the office or apply online.
Health and safety
GCSE English and Maths Grade C
FLT Counter balance desirable
Health and safety