Date: February 2018
Position: Night Warehouse Manager
Report to: Operations Support Manager
Location: Manchester (Rochdale)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure vehicles are unloaded and reloaded within set time constraints.
- Continuously and consistently assess department performance and look for opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process by advising on fleet and resource requirements.
- Manage and develop the Warehouse team.
- Ensure full compliance with health and safety laws and regulations by maintaining Health and Safety standards and training programmes according to Walkers policies and statutory requirements.
- Ensure correct deployment of resources (Equipment and Workforce) to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Monitor KPI reporting and take early action to rectify the causes of under-achievement.
- Ensure company equipment is kept in good condition and is serviceable always in line with KPI’s.
- Ensure the whereabouts of all company assets is known at all times.
- Effectively resolve any transport issues arising from, drivers or third parties to a satisfactory outcome.
- Ensure vehicles are fully road compliant and all defects are dealt with in the correct manner.
- Drive continuous improvement within Warehouse processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage operations within budgetary constraints.
- Full understanding of other departments responsibilities and roles.
PEOPLE & VALUES
- Effectively manage a team of operatives within the Warehouse - championing best practices and building a strong warehouse unit.
- Ensure self and colleagues live by the Walkers 'Can do’ philosophy and values.
- Provide visible and accessible day to day leadership and guidance for all employees.
- Promote clear channels of communication with management and employees.
- Maintain a collaborative and effective working relationship with other departments by ensuring a 'Can Do’ approach to problem solving and teamwork.
- Previous experience within Warehouse management and performing to strict deadlines.
- Proven track record within continuous improvement and implementing effective change.
- Demonstrates leadership that guides and inspires.
- Results orientated with a sense of urgency and a passion for winning.
- Strong coaching and people management skills with a focus on employee development.
- Clear, consistent and reliable communicator.
- Team player and highly effective collaborator, puts the wellbeing of the entire business before personal success.
- Committed to total customer satisfaction.
- Conscientious about integrity, credibility, social responsibility and respect.
- Acts with courage and demonstrates strong change leadership skills with the ability to make things happen.
- Takes the tough decisions without procrastination.
- Innovative and creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Positive Can Do attitude.
Education and Experience
- In depth general experience gained within a complex, fast paced Warehouse/Logistics environment.
- GCSE or O’Level (Including English and Math’s).
- Computer literate, proficiency in MS office, especially Excel.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job