To provide wakeful night duty cover in the home.
As a member of the staff team, the night support worker, operating without direct supervision will be responsible for meeting the support and care needs of the service users. He/she will be expected to deliver the highest professional standards of social care practice ensuring CrossReach's aims, objectives and quality standards are met and maintained.Main Duties
1. Carry out a regular check on service users at intervals determined by the Managing Co-ordinator, with due regard to residents' privacy.
2. Carry out regular health and safety checks on tenancies with reference to fire prevention, security and personal safety following individual personal support plans.
3. Answer call system, assess the situation, support tenants requiring help, and summon the senior care staff on call where necessary.
4. Assist residents with support needs as identified in personal plan.
5. Undertake domestic duties which may include laundry/ironing, dusting and cleaning as directed.
6 To exercise responsibility for answering the 24 hour emergency telephone line.
7. To participate in staff meetings and in training activities as required.
8. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
9. Facilitate Service User’s to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice as required by the role).Personal
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards & criteria for registration.Skills and Abilities
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.Qualifications
An SVQ Level 3 qualification is essential.Hours per week
34.61 hours per week
Shift Rota - 4 On 4 Off (15 nights per month)
- Microsoft Office
- Personal Support
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job