We are looking for Waking Night Support Workers to join an organisation that provides education, care, therapy and medical support to young people with physical disabilities. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a varied and regarding role with children then this could be for you!
The organisation provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas. Their aim is to prepare these young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
Salary:£19,222 per year
The Main Purpose of a Waking Night Support Worker:
To provide support to students of the school on a Waking Night basis. The service consists of 7 flats situated on the large the campus. Waking Night Support Workers are expected to play a key role in the lives of the students we support. You will offer physical, emotional and domestic support along with personal care.
Duties of a Waking Night Support Worker:
· To help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required school policy and procedure.
· To encourage the students to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding them and showing them what to do when necessary.
· Helping students in all aspects of daily living including washing, dressing, bathing, showering and after toilet hygiene.
· Implement the individual Young Persons Plans.
· Assist students with their nutritional requirements, e.g. serving meals, assisting with feeding, preparing drinks, meals and snacks
· Assisting in changing students and participating in PE and Swimming. (Personal circumstances will be considered)
· To assist students to achieve their ILP/IEP goals
· To keep robust records in line with regulatory requirements
· Previous experience of working in a caring environment and/or with people with a learning difficulty or disability
· A commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
· Willingness and ability to undertake work related training and utilise new skills and knowledge to enable improved support
· Contributory pension schemes * Life assurance scheme * Occupational health scheme * Childcare voucher scheme * Subsidised gym membership * Cycle Scheme * HSF Health Cash Plan
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At VetroRecruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
- learning difficulties
- special needs
- Young people