We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Section Manager with a previous warehouse background. Candidates will require some team supervisory and people management experience. Working within a team environment, the successful candidate will assist the Night Shift Manager with warehouse operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation, e.g. Health & Safety, Employment Law, Discrimination etc.
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPIs and Service Levels
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator
- PC literate in Excel and Word
- There is a need for flexibility as the successful candidate may be required to work alternative shifts and on a 5 from 7 working basis. This will include weekend working
Full training and development will be given to successful candidates. Reporting to a Night Shift Manager, this role requires someone capable of working under pressure, displaying a good analytical approach to work to deliver business results and to achieve performance and service levels. Hours of work will be 10.00pm to 6.00am but flexibility of hours is required with operational needs. Previous experience within a warehouse operation will be essential. Excellent people management skills together with the ability to plan resource and report KPI information with accuracy are key skills for this role. This is a customer facing role and the successful candidate will encourage a customer service personal approach to the job. Full training and development will be given to successful candidates.
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative, focus and commitment and flexibility
- A good understanding of multi temperature warehouse and compliance
- PC skills for Excel / Word / PowerPoint and WMS experience
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job