Our Client is a market leader in the provision of international and domestic parcel solutions to both businesses and home addresses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a NIGHT SHIFT MANAGER based out of our clients busy BIRMINGHAM Operation.
The Nightshift Manager is fully accountable for the performance of the shift whilst proactively seeking ways to improve cost, service & operational efficiency. You will ensure all resources including third party are managed, planned and controlled to achieve the agreed service levels.
You'll have accountability for specific tasks such as:
* Managing all areas of the night warehouse sortation in an efficient cost effective manner.
* Ensuring depot key KPI's are achieved e.g. sortation compliance, Vehicle Departure times etc
* Budget Management to achieve the agreed service levels including productivity, labour costs, overtime usage, Agency usage.
* Maintaining the health, safety and security of all employees and visitors.
* To lead, coach and develop the supervisors on shift.
* To adhere to the legal requirements of the 'O' Licence.
* All required MI reporting documentation is maintained to the required standard & on time.
* To develop and maintain effective communication channels with all appropriate areas of the business especially the Day shift management and Field team relationships.
We offer you:
* Full training along with a supported induction process
* Bonus up to £2,000 per annum
* 26 days Holiday plus bank holidays
* Income Protection & Life Assurance cover
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the depot operations working in a collaborative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
* Transport knowledge, skills or experience including regulations.
* Experience in managing and leading a team.
* Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines
* PC Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
* Good communicator and able to liaise at all levels.
* Flexible approach to work to meet business requirements.
* A CPC Licence (Desirable)