Operations Manager / Warehouse Manager - NIGHT SHIFT
Great company - Complete Autonomy - rapid growth - 30 year history !
Outstanding dynamic stable Northern business - Fast paced leadership role. Lots of autonomy and scope to provide structure and growth and have an immediate impact! 4 nights on 3 off - Structure - Strategy - People Management - People Development
You will be working for a distributor who also have their own brands and are currently market leaders..... Established in 1980, the company has grown rapidly over recent years, and now employs over 250 people. In the past 2 years alone, this dynamic North West based business has opened two new major distribution hubs as part of its ambitious and on-going expansion strategy. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Warehouse Operations Manager to help co-ordinate our night shift operations team, implement structure, develop staff and improve performance and productivity. The Operations Manager will work closely with the night shift supervisors across 3 sites to ensure effectiveness and efficiency across our Cheshire, Leeds and Trafford Sites. You will play an integral part in ensuring that our standards are maintained so will be the first point of contact for any issues at a depot.
The successful candidate will have amazing communication skills and be able to manage down as well as up and you will have huge pride in what you do! Apply today - Interviews August 2018 - START ASAP
This is a strategic and structural leadership role to develop teams and increase performance and productivity
- Managing approximately 25 staff across 3 Distribution centres,implementing structure to improve productivity
- To analyse performance and personnel and weaknesses in structure and performance and implement better structure and instil work ethic and process respect
- Training and managing staff to ensure all goods-inwards are posted in to stock correctly and promptly.
- Managing the process to ensure that any stock that has been posted in to building is assigned and stored in to a picking location as soon as possible.
- Managing goods-out department to ensure that stock is picked correctly and promptly, and assigned to the correct loading bay.
- Dealing with returned stock - delegating to staff to ensure that returns are checked back in to stock efficiently.
- Communicating with the Buying Department to discuss the goods-in schedule and/or any discrepancies with the stock coming into the business.
- Completing transfers of stock.
- Enforcing company policies and procedures; these could include health and safety policies and procedures and housekeeping policies.
- Enforcing and maintaining health and safety policies and standards across the three sites.
- Training staff to ensure they understand and develop the required standard in their role.
- You may be required to work with the HR department to complete performance appraisals, probation review, investigations, disciplinary issues and any other duties relating to staff.
- Professional handover to day shift - Superb communication
You must have similar Night Shift Warehouse Operations Management experience and be able to talk through what structure you have implemented and how you manage processes and how you manage and develop people
- Strong people management, disciplinary matters, performance management and appraisals etc.
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety requirements and an ability to maintain to standard.
- You will be upbeat, enthusiastic and love man management and warehouse operations
Flexible to be able to work:
Working ours for this position will be 6pm - 6am Monday to Thursday.
- The Night Operations Manager will also be expected to remain on call on a Friday and Sunday night in case there are any issues to rectify.
- YOU MUST have a clean driving licence with no serious endorsements
- to £40,000 + benefits and career
- This is a great company with serious growth plans and a huge history
- Paid 20 days holidays plus Bank holidays.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY - Interviews August 2018 ! START ASAP !
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"