An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Night Shift Line Leader working within the Manufacturing Industry to join a world leader in automotive refinishing products, Upol, at their Manufacturing facility in Wellingborough. This is a Monday-Thursday role, working a 32 hour week (10pm - 6am), paying £28,030pa. This role also offers a Company Pension, a holiday entitlement of 25 day per year plus nominated bank holidays.
Upol need someone who can be reliable and trusted as the most senior person on site during the night shifts. You will need to be hands on in terms of cleaning down machines, as well as inputting data onto a computer, filling in paperwork, completing checks, etc.
You will be running 2 lines and a team of 7. In busy periods it may be up to 12 people across 3 production lines. The area you would be running is about to go through a major transformation project whereby significant investment will be made to automate the area, so this is an exciting time to join and be part of that.
To manage filling lines and labour to meet planned volumes and targets in accordance with safety and quality standards. Responsible for delivering manufacturing production performance targets by following agreed operating procedures and using continuous improvement methodologies to improve performance in terms of HSE, quality, cost, delivery and team development.
Content of position:
- Lead and operate automated and manual filling & packing equipment
- Set/changeover production filling lines
- Record, monitor and calculate performance v target in terms of HSE, quality, OEE, staff and waste
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping
- Lead daily briefings, MDI boards Tier 1,feeding into Tier 3
- Actively participate and take a lead role in safety, quality and continuous improvement activities
- Have a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carry out all work in a safe manner, reporting any issues via the appropriate system
- Competent across leading all U-POL filling lines in order that he/she can rotate regularly, recording performance, against targets, maintaining standards and raising issues with team members to resolve efficiently
- Challenges personal performance and develops own skills and supports the team to consistently strive for improved results
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the business and where the supply chain and filling operation fits as part of the business strategy
- Accepts the need for change and demonstrates a working knowledge and application of continuous improvement tools in daily work and is capable of actively leading in improvement teams.
- A level qualification/NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) or 3 years' experience in leading filling/packing operations.
- Ideally a qualification in Maths and English - must be competent in numeracy to read and understand numbers, works orders, filling records, interpret and manipulate data where required.
- Competency in interpreting data in business systems, entering key performance data and operating equipment with PLC's
- Experience in chemical filling & packing industry
- Excellent verbal communication and team work skills to work with colleagues to achieve individual and team targets
- Desire to champion the company values
- Good understanding of U-POL filling requirements - components to QC tests to customer
- Logical problem solving skills and the ability to lead problem solving activity