We are looking to recruit a Night Security Officer for an initial 3 months which be able to become permanent thereafter. The hours will be 12 hour shifts on a rota, averaging 37 hours per week.
- To contribute to the provision of an efficient and effective University-wide Security service through involvement in control room duties, crime prevention, patrols, emergency response and general security duties
- Conducting foot and mobile patrols in order to prevent crime, vandalism/damage to property and breaches of the peace
- Car parking and traffic control within the grounds including the application of car parking regulations. Ensuring the access of emergency and other essential service vehicles at all times
- Marshalling and crowd control duties in connection with events and activities
- Escort duties including cash and valuables
- Use of Information Technology and various computing packages, including the Security database
- Carry out any routine task necessary for Health, Safety and Well-being of students staff and visitors
- Relevant security qualifications
- Basic IT ability, including data input and word processing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to command attention and respect
- administration and record keeping skills
- Driving Licence is a requirement of the role
- SIA Licence is required
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'